Last Updated Date: July 12, 2015
We may ask you for certain information, referred to as “personal information,” which includes information that pertains to your identity. Such information may include, but is not limited to, items such as your name, email address, and credit card billing information.
You may be required to provide personal information to access or use certain parts or features of the Prezi Service. For example, you will be asked to provide your name and a valid email address to establish an account at http://prezi.com. If you wish to establish a paid Prezi account, you will also be asked (in some cases) to provide credit card account and billing information. If you do not provide the requested personal information, you may not be able to access or use the particular component of the Service where such information is required.
Some components of the Prezi Service allow you to share content and personal messages you upload with others by generating messages directly to those other individuals. To use this feature, we require you provide us with a valid email address for each recipient. Prezi uses these email addresses only to share your content and personal messages (at your direction). We use this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email, and do not store it after this one-time email is sent. This one-time email may also contain a short description and explanation of the Prezi Service.
There may be other instances in which we collect information from you that is more general in nature (“general information”). Such information may include information recorded by our server logs from your browser such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address (which enables us to identify your computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network like the internet), and the specific webpage you requested. Such general information, including the click stream data and cookies, as mentioned below, may be collected from you whenever you access or use the Prezi Service, whether or not you provide us with any other personal information.
When you use the Prezi Service we may collect “click stream data” (server address, domain name, etc.). This information can be combined with information you have provided to us, which will enable us to analyze and better customize your visits. We may use click stream data for traffic analysis or e-commerce analysis of our services, to determine which features within the Prezi Service are most or least effective or useful to you.
We will use the personal information you provide and any general information we receive from you to provide Prezi products and services to you, which include the following:
1. To process orders you may place at http://prezi.com.
2. To assist those who help us in designing and operating the Prezi Service or help us analyze collected data. These parties will only use your data for the purpose of carrying out the work as agreed with us and will be required to keep the information confidential.
3. To send you information or materials via email about products, offers, and news we think might interest you. This information may relate to products, offers, and news of Prezi or its licensees or selected commercial partners. (If you no longer wish to receive any emails from us, or if you want to modify your personal data or want your personal data to be deleted from our database, please see “CANCELING YOUR ACCOUNT, OPTING OUT OF EMAIL, AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION” below.)
4. To share your Public User Content with other Prezi users who we think might be interested, including with other users from your organization. In addition to your Public User Content we may also share the user name associated with your public, paid or educational account with other users registered with an e-mail address using the domain of the same organization as your e-mail address. If you are not a habitual resident of a Member State of the European Economic Area, we may also share your name and your email address with the organization having the same domain as your email address.
6. To analyze visits to the Prezi website and learn about the interests of our visitors in the aggregate and also on a personal level to better understand your interests and needs, so we can improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features, and promotions that you are most interested in.
7. To publish aggregate statistics regarding our user base. For example, we may choose to publish statistics regarding how many registered Prezi users live in the U.S. versus how many live in Europe. If you complete a Prezi survey that asks for employment information, we may publish statistics regarding which professions are most likely to use or not use Prezi.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Prezi or substantially all of its assets were acquired, customer information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Prezi may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Except as set forth herein, we will notify you or obtain your consent before your personal information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information. Registered users may, at any time, elect to stop receiving emails from us by visiting the Settings page (requires log in).
We will only retain your information to the extent: (a) it is needed for the purposes which we have conveyed to you; (b) we are required by law to maintain such information; or (c) it is needed for us to address any issues or inquiries that you may have. When your information is no longer required, we will dispose of such information by destroying it or erasing it.
In order to protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through your use of the Prezi Service, we have implemented various security measures. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as your credit card number) on our online forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While Prezi strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using the Prezi Service, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through your use of the Prezi Service and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through your use of the Prezi Service is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
PLEASE NOTE: The Prezi Service is general audience service, and does not direct any of its content, products, or services specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user of the Prezi Service is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account. If you have such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may cancel your account and you may opt out of receiving any emails from Prezi at any time. You may cancel your account, opt out of, or modify your personal information, by logging in and visiting your Settings & Account page and following the instructions provided, or go to our Help & Support page. We encourage you promptly to update your personal information when it changes. Information concerning your past behavior with the Service may be retained by Prezi as long as necessary for the purposes set out above.
Please note that although you may opt out of receiving certain emails, Prezi reserves the right to communicate with you via email regarding specific products and services you have ordered, requested, or inquired about.
We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.