Transcript: Brainstorm (cc) image by rocketboom on Flickr (cc) photo by Metro Centric on Flickr doodles Make sure we follow the rubric Seeing http://www.yelp.com/biz/carnival-new-york-3 We as a group are trying to figure out how we could make the carnival as fun and cheap as possible. notes Budapest San Francisco Results Notes Stockholm Our Project (cc) image by quoimedia on Flickr (cc) photo by jimmyharris on Flickr Also thinking of a target shooting game (cc) photo by Franco Folini on Flickr Double click to crop it if necessary Ideas Use all formulas given to us outlook We are Thinking of playing Wack a Mole to hit 10 in a row and get a prize look at good costs and what different carnivals have that would be good ideas for us. photo frame Three Place your own picture behind this frame! (cc) photo by Metro Centric on Flickr details find all the measurements of the area we are doing so that we can fit everything in. Assets Two map Important Details Also A Ring Toss Four
Transcript: Dynamics: Forte Listen for the roar! Instruments: Piano and Strings VII: Aquarium Does this sound like the first movement? Style: Legato Can you imagine a swan swimming? Instruments: Piano and Cello Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saëns XIII: Finale XII: Fossils 1: Introduction and Royal March Articulation: Staccato Listen for the sounds of old bones! Instruments: Piano, Strings, Xylophone, and Clarinet XIII: The Swan Technique: Glissando Listen for the flitting fish! Instruments: Piano, strings, flute, and glass harmonica
Transcript: Presented by Tony, Simon, Leo, David, Cathy, Coco Carnival Presentation Topic: History Introduction Our team Tony is the leader... No doubt.. Tony Fan Simon Pan David Dong Leo Li Coco Yang Cathy Song How it all begins How it all begins A long time ago, carnival was start in 19 century mid-term, initially, "carnival" ... The Brazilian carnival was first start in 19 century mid-term, initially, "carnival" is only for noble's party. People used mask and makeups to dress themselves up and have fun. In 1852, a portuguese named Azevedo led a band to do the music on the street. At that time, no matter what colour of skin people were or how old is he/she, male or female. They all danced together, while the whole city became joyful. This party was successful and it became a big development of carnival. The celebration is held for 5 days, 40 days before Easter. Did you know? History throughout time Histories through out times In Rio de Janeiro, the first samba schools were established in the early 1920s; the first samba parade competitions were held in 1933. During the 1840s, masquerade carnival balls became popular in polkas and waltzes . A decade later, street parades with horse drawn floats and military bands became the important part of the carnival. Towards the end of the century, the carnival became a working class festivity (a festival where you can be more socialized) where people wore costumes and joined the parade accompanied by musicians playing string instruments and flutes. The Samba Schools would use irony and sarcasm to express their displeasure and disagreement with the government and the people’s desire for freedom. In Rio de Janeiro, the first samba schools were established in the early 1920s; t... Almost all of the music played at Brazil’s Carnival is samba. Did you know? Things about Brazilian carnival Things about Brazilian canival dance, music (axé, somba, frevo), parade, Curitiba Rock Festival, carnival Zombie Walk, and more.. Events in the carnival Events in the carnival There are different style of celebrating the Brazilian carnival, and these styles came from different places (p.s. I think they're all the same). Here are all the 'styles' of Brazilian carnival. Rio de Janeiro (Portugal), Bahia style (Bahia), Pernambuco style (Pernambuco), São Paulo style (São Paulo), Espírito Santo style (Vitória), Minas Gerais style (Belo Horizonte and the historic cities of Ouro Preto, Mariana, São João del Rei, and Diamantina). Places that celebrates Brazilian canival Places that celebrates Brazilian canival There are ver 500,000 visitors who attends for the Carnival every year, and with over 2 million people on the streets every day of the event. Did you know? Q&A Q A & How many days is between the carnival and Easter? The celebration is held for 5 days, 40 days before Easter. What music was played the most during the Brailian carnival? Almost all of the music played at Brazil’s Carnival is samba. Around how many visitors comes to the carnival every year? There are ver 500,000 visitors who attends for the Carnival every year, and with over 2 million people on the streets every day of the event. Thank you for listening! The end
Transcript: Possible Outcomes The Sections There are 24 possible outcomes. Getting the riddle correct: 2 possible outcomes Spinning the wheel: 6 possible outcomes Flipping the coin: 2 possible outcomes Our project is the Spin Wheel. It has six sections. In order to spin you must first guess the riddle correctly. If you guess the riddle correctly you will get to spin. You may only spin once. Each section represents a different fortune event that will happen in ones life. Getting Rich Getting Famous Getting All A's Getting what you want for christmas Getting Tall Overnight Being Squidward Our Project Carnival Presentation by: Kendy V. , Sam T. Emmanuel A. Zeb K.
Transcript: Rules Revenue and Profit We would make smaller balls to throw at cans and get a lot more cans to make a bigger pyramid. We would have made $200 but after expenses we would have made $176. Changes to game The rules of the game are 1. You have two paper balls to knock the cans down. 2. If you knock them all down you get a second chance to knock them down again to win a large prize. 3. Not being able to knock down all the cans means you lose and suck. The expected expenses for this game would be $24 to buy all the prizes and materials we would need to have the game running. materials to build stand-$10 large prize-$5 small prize-$3 10+5+(3x3)=24 The redneck shooter is a game where you have to knock over a pyramid of cans using a paper ball to win. Expenses Carnival Game Powerpoint The Redneck Shooter Experimental probabilities large: 2.5% small: 7.5% none: 90% Theoretical probabilities large: 10% small: 7.5% none: 90% Theoretical and Experimental probabilities.
Transcript: I would need a $655 loan to spend on the carnival attractions.I would pay this back, and also make a profit. Carnival Booth Costs/rentals: Pie throw- $50 Cotton candy machine- $50 Spin art machine- $40 Popcorn booth- $75 Soda/water vendor- $150 Face painting- $35 Super slide ride- $100 commons- $140 sound system- $15 Tickets needed: Pie throw- 1 Cotton candy machine- 1 Spin art machine- 1 Popcorn booth- 2 Soda/water vendor- 3 Face painting- 1 Super slide ride- 2 If 400 people come... $10 to get in, $5 per ticket, I would make a profit of $13,000. I think it would be a good idea to have the school carnival because we could raise a lot of money for the school band. I anticipate making a profit of around $13,000! band Carnival presentation by: Timothy Jackson (estimated)
Transcript: ✳✱* Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation program currently developed by Microsoft, for use on both Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh operating systems. Initial release: May 22, 1990; 26 years ago Operating system: Microsoft Windows Stable release: 1612 (Build 7668.2074) / Janu... Written in: C++ PPT OR POWERPOINT AS A SYNONYM FOR ANY PRESENTATION Microsoft PowerPoint is not the only way to make a slide presentation. However, people may continue to use it as a synonym for any kind of presentation. You may be asked for a PPT or PowerPoint when the program you use is completely different. A presentation is the process of presenting a topic to an audience. It is typically a demonstration, introduction, lecture, or speech meant to inform, persuade, or build good will. POWERPOINT Creating exceptional presentations PARTS PRESENTATION 101 POWTOON Presentation 1. Create a new blank presentation. 2. Open an existing presentation from your computer or OneDrive. 3. Create a new presentation using a template. Using presentation tools like: MICROSOFT POWERPOINT PREZI POWTOON KEYNOTE GOOGLE SLIDES Search templates: Google Slideshare Slides Carnival PowToon is the brand new Do-It-Yourself animated presentation tool that supercharges your presentations and videos! Save massive amounts of time and money by creating Presentoons that bring the WOW!-factor to product demos, business presentations, social media clips, and much more. User-friendly, Intuitive interface Countless style, image, and effect combos Professional results, powerful responses How to make presentations? PPT PREZI No. 1 known presentation tools CHALLENGE Prezi is a visual storytelling software and alternative to traditional slide-based presentation formats. Prezi presentations feature a map-like, schematic overview ... Founder(s): Adam Somlai-Fischer; Peter Halac... Available in: English, Portuguese, Spanish, Ko... Launched: April 5, 2009; 8 years ago
Description: Catch the eye and engage the imagination with this cool-looking Prezi proposal template. The bold, bright design and highly dynamic theme all but guarantee success for your next sales or marketing proposal. All Prezi presentation templates are easily customized.
Description: The sky’s the limit. Boost your new sales initiative into orbit with an engaging and compelling SKO presentation. This template features a effective sales kickoff theme that makes it easy to be engaging. Like all Prezi SKO templates, it’s fully customizable with your own information.
Description: Add some color to your quarterly business review with this vibrant business presentation template. The bold visuals in this business template will make your next QBR a memorable one.
Now you can make any subject more engaging and memorable