Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of antigone
Who's the Foil?
Get your Springboard book, then copy down the EQ and the word of the day
Heads up: weekly literary elements quiz tomorrow (hint: study personification...you're welcome.
Answer the following question in your notebook.
Why might an author choose to characterize two main characters as complete opposite? Explain.
Tuesday, April 21st
Ariel the little mermaid vs. Ursula
Cinderella vs. evil stepmother
Symba vs. Scar
Snow White vs. Evil Queen
Mrs. Stark vs. Kaelan
Naomi vs. Dante
What do the relationships between these characters help to reveal about one another?
A minor character whose actions or thoughts are juxtaposed with the major character
Opposing characteristics serve to highlight key traits in the major character
1. In what ways are the following three characters DIFFERENT from Creon?
2. Which of these characters do you think has served as as the strongest FOIL for Creon? How did this foil help develop and highlight Creon's character?
Use one color to highlight evidence of Haemon's character (revealed by his words, thoughts, actions); use a different color to do the same for Creon
How is Creon's interaction and relationship with his son, Haemon, evidence of him as a dynamic character?
Write a TEXAS paragraph in which you address the following prompt:
Is Haemon a foil for Creon?
Hint: this paragraph should include two quotes-
one from Haemon, then one from Creon