Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Analytics Dashboard Boot Camp
Transcript of Analytics Dashboard Boot Camp
What is an Analytics Dashboard?
Types of Web Analytics Dashboards
Let's Focus: Google Analytics
How do GA Dashboards work?
What are my options?
Tell me more!
Tool that visually organizes data reports of all key metrics (like KPIs) used to describe the Analytics of a particular website
How to use Google Analytics Dashboards
Free service provided by Google which tracks visitors, displays advertising and other marketing pieces
Why is Web Analytics helpful?
There are a few
2) Yahoo! Marketing Dashboard
3) Parse.ly Dash
1) Make sure you set up Google Analytics with YOUR eMail account for YOUR own website
2) Set Up Google Webmaster Tools
3) Set Up Your Goals in Google Analytics (takes about 15 - 30 min.)
4) Set Up Dashboards with what you think are the most important Data Points
5) Set Up a regular Google Analytics report to be sent via eMail (as a reminder to use it!)
KPIs = Key Performance Indicators
on what is
More pricey, but
excellent for use by
websites that are
in ONE tool!
How Can I Learn More ?
Google Analytics Academy
Digital Analytics Fundamentals
Google Analytics Platform Principals
Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ)
Third Party Blogs
Example: Behavior Dashboard
There is also a premium version provided for a fee
The service provides detailed information in a way that users can understand
Users can customize which KPIs they want to use
New Sidebar Menu
Always be aware of best practices and use them!
Choose the right analytics tool for your needs
Configure your analytics tool properly to optimize its value to your organization
Google Anaytics is a robust, powerful and customizable tool--it is the benchmark for the industry!
Reach out to the analytics community--blogs and crowd sourcing provide ideas and dashboards for free!
Always be on the lookout for updates--this technology moves fast!
Digital Marketing Consultants
University of Dayton
Department of Management and Marketing