Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cholera
-Some symptoms are diarrhea and vomiting of clear fluids.
Type of Pathogen:
-It is caused by the Vibrio Cholerae bacteria.
-Every year, cholera affects 3-5 million people and causes 130,000 deaths.
Treatments and preventions
-To avoid getting cholera, wash your hands frequently, only drink safe, clean water, and fully cooked food.
What is it?
- An illness caused by infection of the small intestine.
October 17 2013
By: Kaylee Engle
-Cholera can cause extreme dehydration or shock if not treated properly.
-You get it from drinking water or eating food that has been contaminated.
-Cholera affects your small intestine and your digestive system.
-Some treatments are rehydration, intravenous fluids (if very severe) antibiotics, or zinc supplements (only for children)
-A nickname for cholera is the "Blue Death" because the patients skin turns blue-ish grey due to extreme fluid loss at a very severe stage.