Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Cholera
-Some symptoms are diarrhea and vomiting of clear fluids.
Type of Pathogen:
-It is caused by the Vibrio Cholerae bacteria.
-Every year, cholera affects 3-5 million people and causes 130,000 deaths.
Treatments and preventions
-To avoid getting cholera, wash your hands frequently, only drink safe, clean water, and fully cooked food.
What is it?
- An illness caused by infection of the small intestine.
October 17 2013
By: Kaylee Engle
-Cholera can cause extreme dehydration or shock if not treated properly.
-You get it from drinking water or eating food that has been contaminated.
-Cholera affects your small intestine and your digestive system.
-Some treatments are rehydration, intravenous fluids (if very severe) antibiotics, or zinc supplements (only for children)
-A nickname for cholera is the "Blue Death" because the patients skin turns blue-ish grey due to extreme fluid loss at a very severe stage.