Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Social Media University
Transcript of Copy of Social Media University
Social Media Best Practices
Who's Using This Stuff?
Over 7000 students taking one or more online classes.
According to the Western Cooperative for Educational Telecommunications, it is essential that...
“the institution recognizes that
a sense of community is important to the success of many students, and that an ongoing, longterm relationship is beneficial to both
student and institution.”
Content creation is not just about sharing creative output; it is also about participating in conversations fueled by that content.
At its most basic sense, social media is a shift in how people discover, read and share news, information and content. It's a fusion of sociology and technology, transforming monologue (one to many) into dialog (many to many).
Make it easy for the most "distant" student to access everything they need and then you have given the entire study body easy access.
So what do you think...
Sources for Best Practices:
1. Connecting to School Communities with Facebook
2. How to Write Enormously Engaging Facebook Posts
3. Facebook In Education
4. 10 Best Practice Tips for Facebook Page Content
5. Social Media Intelligence
6. Best Practices in Social Media for Higher Education
7. Eric Stoller
Best Parctices Handout