Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Water Pollution
How to prevent it?
Water pollution: Treatment
There are several main causes of water pollution. Some of them are: marine dumping, industrial waste, global warming and eutrophication.
Friday, May 8, 2015
Vol I, No. 1
What is it?
What are the main effects?
Water pollution is the contamination of natural water bodies by chemical, physical or radioactive substances.
Adverse alteration of water quality presently produces large scale illnesses and deaths, accounting for approximately 50 million deaths per year worldwide, most of these occurring in Africa and Asia.
The effects of this problem can be seen in three different areas:
You can prevent water pollution by following some simple guidelines in your everyday life:
- Do not overuse pesticides and
- Do not throw litter into rivers, lakes
- Be careful about what you throw
down your sink or toilet.
To prevent water pollution, we must concentrate our attention on four distinct areas:
- Septic Tanks;
- Ozone waste water treatment;
- Industrial water treatment;
- Sewage plants.
1) According to a 2012 study from UNICEF, 2,200 children die every day as a result of dirty drinking water.
2) Pollution is one of the biggest global killers, affecting over 100 million people. That’s comparable to global diseases like malaria and HIV.
In 2014 the blue flag was awarded (in Portugal) to 298 beaches and 17 marinas