Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
INNOVATIVE METHODS OF TEACHING ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Transcript of INNOVATIVE METHODS OF TEACHING ENGLISH LANGUAGE
USING TEACHING AIDS
1. What kind of teaching aids can be used for teaching English language?
2. Is using teaching aids useful in the teaching-learning process or not. And why?
3. Is important for school to have modern teaching aids for teaching and learning? Why?
All teaching aids can be classified as:
a) Audio-Visual Aids
b) Visual-Activity Aids
useful in the teaching-learning process
reinforce the spoken or written words with concrete images
adds interest, involvement and brings world into the classroom.
makes learning permanent, develops greater understanding, stimulates self-activity, fosters continuity of thought,
makes teaching effective and provides a great variety of methods.
modern teaching trends
includes language lab and smart board with a variety of audio and video materials.
develops the technique of accent, speaking with clear syllable division, develops phonetic and spoken English skills with Received Pronunciation among the students
avoids the monotony of theory classes
Learner strategies refer to language learning behavior that learners actually employ to learn and regulate the learning of English. For instance:
• Cooperative learning
• Puzzling out things
• Self and peer correction
• Choice of activities
• Troubleshooting sessions
• Confidence session
• Extensive language activities outside the classroom
is very interesting because there is:
A) Pair Work
B) Group Work
C) Role Play
This article stresses:
the need for making English language lessons easy and enjoyable through the use of instructional aids/improvisations
presents innovative methods and techniques to teach English language by using teaching aids
aims to make English teachers aware of the strategies to use it in an effective manner.
PATEL, Chirag M. 2014. Innovative Methods of Teaching English Language to School Students Using Teaching Aids. In IUP Journal of English Studies. 2014, vol. 9, no. 1, p. 81-86.