Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of EPQ Presentation
How many children do you think are separated from their mother’s each year due to imprisonment? 17,700
What is the average distance adult female prisoners are held from their homes? 57 miles
What percentage of adult female prisoners, in 2010, were held over 100miles from homes? 18.9%
How many places are their in Mother and Baby units across the UK? 75 Emily is 6 weeks old. Her mother has just been convicted for 5 months Jolie has just been convicted for 6 years. She is 8 months pregnant and will give birth in prison. James is 2 years old. His mother has just been convicted for 18 months. His father is also in prison. Alternatives and Solutions - Fewer custodial sentences, and development of community sentences
- Smaller, local prisons
- Women's Centres to provide support and prevent recidivism Watch this space! - Improved 'funneling' skills
- Gained research skills
- Learnt how to reflect and constantly improve my project
- Prepared me for University essays and dissertation
- Enabled me to look at the law from a different perspective