Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of antartica
Has gorgeous snow topped mountains, and
the reflection of the sunset on the ocean will
take your breath away. And the chilling morning breeze will hit you by surprise. Antarctica has six months of daylight and six months of darkness. The lowest temperature ever recorded in
Antarctica was -129˚ the warmest temperature is 59˚ the average winter temperature is 30˚ and the average summer temperature is 20˚ Antarctica is colder than the north pole because it warms up faster and cools down faster.antarctica get warmer faster then the arctic because the ocean water carries heat from the equator to the poles, also the land heats up faster then the waters of the arctic. Animals found in Antarctica Wind: Weddell seal
antarctic fur seal
southern elephant seal
ross seal Tourist Attractions Food In Antarctica there is Beautiful scenery and natural wonders
See many cool-adapted animals in their habitats.
Many unique plants and tundra vegetation
Helicopter tours will take you to see Emperor Penguins,
Whale watching tours let you visit one or more species of whales
Hiking tours will allow you to see many Antarctic seals
Tour operates offer kayaking and camping cites
Get to see some of the largest icebergs in the world Antarctica political map winter in Antarctica summer in Antarctica Weather,Climate,Terrain The food in Antarctica is just the same as we do in America. They have meat, fish, pasta, fruits/vegetables, and desserts. During the winter it is hard for the people living in Antarctica to get fruits and vegetables, so it has to get shipped in from different places. The food is dried or frozen. Current Events * Felicity Aston is the first person ever to ski alone across Antarctica alone.
* A Russian fishing boat got stuck in the ice for 10 days.
* A 6.6 earthquake struck of the coast of Antarctica. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2012/02/29/SEBASTIAN+COPELAND+pic+1.jpg http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=933&tbm=isch&tbnid=k7dYDtPcmP-BmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.cosee.net/engaging_scientists/thomas/atwork_antarctic.htm&docid=-GaOWmfBen1qgM&imgurl=http://www.cosee.net/engaging_scientists/thomas/images/atwork_antarctic_video1.jpg&w=384&h=236&ei=PWD4UMXWM9PaqQG7-4CACA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=75&vpy=593&dur=4259&hovh=176&hovw=287&tx=191&ty=60&sig=104610955111745183248&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=211&start=0&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:21,s:0,i:149 Current form of Government the Antarctic region is governed by a system known as the Antarctic Treaty System; The country was an original 1959 treaty signatory; claimant nations are - Argentina, Australia, Chile, France, NZ, Norway, and the UK; nonclaimant consultative nations. Citations
www.coolantarctica.com/Antarctica%20fact%20file/science/food.htm Antarctica is beautiful scenery and natural
wonders and have adorable animals ,
the sunset that takes your breath away and
the breeze is refreshing.