Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Iowa Model of Evidenced-Based Practice
Transcript of Iowa Model of Evidenced-Based Practice
Problem Focused Triggers
1. Risk management data
2. Process improvement data
3. Internal/external benchmarking data
4. Financial data
5. Identification of clinical problem
Knowledge Focused Triggers
1. New research or other literature
2. National agencies or organizational
3. Philosophies of care
4. Questions from institutional
Is this topic a priority for the organization?
Consider Other Triggers
Form a Team
Assemble Relevant Research and Related Literature
Critique and Synthesize Research for Use in Practice
Is there a sufficient research base?
Pilot the Change in Practice
1. Select outcomes to be achieved
2. Collect baseline data
3. Design EBP Guidelines
4. Evaluate process & outcomes
5. Modify the practice guideline
Is the change appropriate for adoption in practice?
Base Practice on Other Types of Evidence:
1. Case Reports
2. Expert Opinion
3. Scientific Principles
Institute the Change in Practice
Monitor and Analyze Structure, Process, and Outcome Data
Patient & Family
Continue to Evaluate Quality of Care and New Knowledge