Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
XIT Ranch Facts
Transcript of XIT Ranch Facts
2. The XIT Ranch had 3 million acres of land.
3. The XIT raised the most cattle ever in a ranch!
4. The ranch was so large it covered portions of ten counties: Dallam, Hartley, Oldham, Deaf Smith, Parmer, Castro, Bailey, Lamb, Cochran and Hockley.
5. They agreed to build a $3,000,000 capital and accept the three million Panhandle acres in payment. Pictures of The XIT Ranch! :):) FUN VIDEO :):):):):):) XIT Ranch Facts By Mr. Vengurlekar The II More Interesting Facts :):):)
6. During the 1920s, the XIT Ranch was broken up, sold and was divided into smaller ranches. Now only a few of the original buildings exist.
7. Texas, the biggest state in the union, used the sale to pay for it's red granite capitol, still the largest state capitol on the North American Continent.
8.The XIT Ranch operated from 1885 to 1912 XIT Ranch rules :):):):)
9.No employee was allowed to carry any weapons for offense or self-defense.
10. Gambling or card playing of any description was strictly prohibited.
11. No liquor or intoxicating beverages were allowed to employees during their time of service.
12. No employees were allowed to hunt wild game on any of the XIT horses.
13. Employees were not allowed to own any of the horses or cattle on the ranch. Last of the Notes :):):):):) 14. The Ranch started operations in 1885, and had about 150,000 cattle average. 15. The ranch also owned 325 windmills and 100 dams.
16. By fall 1888 the ranch was unable to sell cattle to make a profit. 17. The cows were almost always plagued by rustlers,
predators, and wolves.
18. In remembrance of the massive ranch,
people would host a big celebration including a rodeo and the world's biggest free barbecue!!!!!!!!!!!
19. Rufus Jack Bradley was a wagon boss on the ranch in the 1870's.
20 . The last of the cattle were sold November, 1, 1912. Sources :):):):):):):)
Sadly I had to use this site.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XIT_Ranch THANKS FOR WATCHING!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)
BY MR. VENGURLEKAR THE II