Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Assessment of European pumped hydropower storage (PHS) potential
Transcript of Assessment of European pumped hydropower storage (PHS) potential
Results for the European PHS potential
RE goals (20% by 2020) require interconnections, energy storage, flexible generation and demand-side management.
Pumped hydropower storage (PHS) is the only storage that can contribute significantly to the 2020 goals.
There were no other previous studies assessing the European PHS potential.
Define a GIS-based methodology (2011)
Validate it with industry and academia (workshop April 2012)
Application to assess the European potential
Improvements on the JRC/UCC model
I hope to see you soon!
Complete assessment of potential sites, for both T1 and T2
With results for 31 European countries from an improved model
Support to decision making
Marcos Gimeno-Gutiérrez (email@example.com)
A comparison with the existing PHS reported in 14 countries suggests that the T1 theoretical potential is 3.5 times the existing capacity whereas the T2 realisable potential is 10 times as much the existing capacity.