Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Fiction and Fairy Tales
Transcript of Fiction and Fairy Tales
- A fictional story that may feature folklore characters ( fairies, goblins, elves, witches, etc.)
- Have their roots in oral tradition and are spread across culture
-Occur in an unknown or unfamiliar time and place
"Once Upon a time...."
-Take place in a world where magic is possible
- Sometimes teach a moral or lesson
- Goodness is rewarded and evil punished
- Culture and values of the community are reflected.
- They help steer the heroes in the right direction.
-If they are lost: give them advice
-Help them with white (good) magic
- They watch over the heroes. Protect them.
Good vs. Evil
Light vs. Dark
- Gives the audience the feeling that they have the power to overcome evil.
- Becomes the central conflict between the protagonist and antagonist: Hero v. Villain.
Magic and Enchantment
- Creates origins/ myths of how things work or where they came from.
- Adds something new and unusual to add to entertainment
- Allows the hero to overcome magic! (Usually dark magic)
- Gave animals an important role and personality.
- Animals had characteristic to help (or hurt) humans
- These animals have DISTINCT characteristics (snake=evil, lion=powerful)
What is Culture?
-If something is relevant it means that it is connected to something
A reoccurring object, concept, or structure.
Fairy Godmothers, Mentors, Magical Helpers, Guides
-Gives the audience hope.
- Is there a Prince? King? Queen? Princess?
- The number 3 is a Christian number (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)
- The number 12 is the number of the zodiac (It's also a multiple of 3)
- Tasks appear in 3's, 6's, or 7's
- a big idea that relates a common human experience
- something that can apply in any time or any
ex: good will always conquer evil, power corrupts,
or individuals must think for themselves
It is the knowledge, language, values, beliefs, practices, and habits of a society.
Includes: music, entertainment, social customs, moral standard, religion, etc.
How a piece of literature relates to the culture
it is produce in.
- How a time or place can influence how a
piece tuns out.
In the early 2000's society was afraid that technology was progressing too fast. This is reflected in movies like The Matrix.
Now there is a fear of the apocalypse, disease, and life without technology as seen in shows like The Walking Dead.