Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Black Plague
How did it start?
Fleas on rats carried it from Italy all through Europe
Killed 30-50% of Europe's pop.
-20 million from 1347-1350
Comparable to a nuclear war today
What does it look like?
People died within days of infection
Infected everyone (not just the poor)
Priests, kings, etc. Religion had no explanation
Some beat themselves, showing God they repent
Others indulged, they would be dead soon anyway
Jews blamed for poisoning wells
Many murdered in France, Italy, Spain
Why are Jews the scapegoat? Europe
mostly Christian, Jews were in the minority
and typically untrusted
Wages increased because labor decreased
Generally, trade slowed and economy declined
(more reason why the Dark Ages was a tough time period to live in)
Can this happen again!?!?