Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Research Papers for Education
Transcript of Research Papers for Education
Why is copyright laws important to this?
It is important because copyright laws is intended to protect the rights of the creators/owners.
How can copyright be infringed?
Copyright infringement occurs when someone other than the copyright holder copies the “expression” of a work. This means that the idea or information behind the work is not protected, but how the idea is expressed is protected.
How does "Public Domain" apply to this?
Copyright law & regulations
The owner can sue for damages to his or her works, if major enough. These laws can be frightening, but often, nothing can be done about violations, because they happen every day. Copyright law on the Internet is a new region for the court system, though ten copies with a value of $2,500 were made a felony in the United States. To be safe, Internet users should just ask first to insure everyone's safety.
Does "Fair Use" apply to Research papers for education?
What are the penalties for infringement?
How can infringement be prevented?
Who can you contact for permission?
How do copyright rules affect teens on this topic?
For permission you can contact a teacher, a professional, or a trusted adult.
1. Infringer pays the actual dollar amount of damages and profits.
2. The law provides a range from $200 to $150,000 for each work infringed.
3. Infringer pays for all attorneys fees and court costs.
4. The Court can issue an injunction to stop the infringing acts.
5. The Court can impound the illegal works.
6. The infringer can go to jail.
With the popularity of the Internet and many people having their own blogs, copyright infringement will inevitably happen at some point. The best thing that a blogger can do to prevent copyright infringement is to clearly state his or her policy on the website. Photos can be watermarked to prevent others from taking them and using them. If a site is found to violate this policy, a take down notice can be sent to them to take down the copyrighted content. If this does not work, a person can then pursue legal options.
Public domain applies to research papers for education because you can read and find research papers for education on the web.
If you violate copyright laws your Parents can be held liable both financially and legally for your acts.
Fair use offers an extraordinarily important opportunity for educators, researchers, and others to make reasonable and limited uses of copyrighted materials. Clipping, cutting, pasting, uploading, posting, and many other activities that are common at the university may be copyright infringements or may be within fair use.