Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ch 14 EHR's
Transcript of Ch 14 EHR's
Personal Health Record (PHR
the health information stored electronically by the patient
This is seperate from the electronic health record (EHR) maintained by the provider.
the set of criteria for how EHR's are to be used
. It sets the standards for providers to meet so they can get their $$$$ (payments).
Why? EHR's are safer, improve care, ensure privacy, makes getting meds easier through e-scribing.
What are the benefits of the EHR?
Name three benefits...(pg.292)
- Review medications prescribed by other providers to avoid duplication or medication interactions
-Access a patients medical history quickly
- View imaging studies electronically
Digitized Signature- an electronic image of a hand written signature. Example: to be used on letters
Not to be confused with...
An encrypted signature
with multiple layers of security
to prevent unauthorized use.
Making Corrections in the EHR
What three things do you need to do when correcting the EHR?
1. Locate the error
2. Verify the change
3. Save the new record
Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE)
The ability of providers to order tests, scripts, lab work and referrals.
On to your ICA: Pg's 81/82 in your WB. Do questions 1-8