Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
My Lai Massacre
Transcript of My Lai Massacre
By Paul Conrad
"The My Lai ditch claims another victim"
1. Look Deeply: Look at the picture for a good long time. Observe shapes, colors, textures, the position of people and/or objects, etc.
2. Write down below what you see without making any interpretation about what the picture is trying to say.
3. Given the historical context and subject of the piece, what do you think the cartoonist is trying to say (what does the piece mean?), and who do you think is the intended audience?
"I think the artist is saying..."
" I think the intended audience is..."
March 16th, 1968
Vol XCIII, No. 311
US Involvement in Vietnam
Something Is Happening Here
Soldiers are battle fatigued
Deaths of close friends
Fighting an invisible enemy
Enters Pinkville (March of 1968)
Was expected to meet heavy enemies
Ordered to search and destroy
Rounded up and killed
Time of war calls for extreme measures- Some support actions
US is committing War Crimes
My Lai Massacre