Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Number Talks Parent Night
Transcript of Number Talks Parent Night
- Ideas for multiplying by 8's 25 + 60 ~ Making Tens
~ Making Landmarks or friendly numbers
(numbers that are easy to use in mental computation)
(Ex. 10's, 100's, 25's 50's etc.)
~ Doubles or Near Doubles
(adjusting a number to make a double and add it)
~ Breaking Each Number into its Placevalue
(Breaking into expanded form and adding like place values together) Efficient Addition Strategies 5 X 5 X 8 Multiplication Number Talk
(Try a new strategy) Efficient Multiplication Strategies Saw Games and Other Resources
~ Math Log
~ Websites/Apps 25 + 66 125 + 60 125 + 68 A five to fifteen minute classroom conversation around purposefully crafted computation that are solved mentally The ultimate goal of number talks is for students to compute....
~flexibly 2 X 4 X 25 2 X 25 X 4 25 X 8 1. What strategies did you use?
2. What strategies were similar to addition?
3. What strategy worked the best for you? Any Questions? Thank you for coming! ~Landmark and Friendly Numbers
(Changing the factors then adding or subtraction) ~Partial Products
(Decomposing factors-box method) ~ Doubling and Halving
doubling one side of the problem and halving the others to
make a friendlier problem ~ Breaking factors into smaller factors