Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Field Notes
1. I am at least 18 years old.
2. I understand "women seeking men" may include adult content.
4. I agree to report suspected exploitation of minors and/or human trafficking to the appropriate authorities.
5. By clicking on the links below, I release craigslist from any liability that may arise from my use of this site. Women Seeking Men Forum on Craigslist "Hanging out and Looking in Philly" "If you're older than 30, younger than 23, and don't have a pic. Don't bother. I don't care how many emails you send, I won't care and they will get deleted" Is it prositution, lonliness, or just mind games...? Or is it done so women can feel empowerd..... "Im looking for a sexy man who just knows how to have fun..." "Looking for love"- really?? why on craigslist "Despite what the other girls are doing here I am real; I am not a whore or a sugar baby." "Looking for a nice guy" "Last night police arrested five suspects after they allegedly set up meetings in order to engage in prostitution -- all with the help of craigslist.com and similar online sites." Craigslist CEO Jim Buckmaster recently pointed out that the site has been working hard to come to an agreeable solution with law enforcement while other sites have been running willy nilly with their obvious prostitution ads, yet almost 100 percent of the legal threats have been towards Craigslist alone. I think ethnographically, craigslist.com presents many conflicts between women and the way they are percieved, because they degrade themselves by portraying explicit information to the public... "Single Women Free:
Single men 1 hundred before 1030, 1 hundred twenty after: " "I Need Men For My Adult Party! - 24 (The City)" This posting has been flagged for removal
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.) "Im looking to talk to someone whos professional loving, kind, caring, honest, loyal, and trustworthy. " Gender identity and online interaction between the language used by women reflect mixing of cultures, with women gaining a larger opportunity to mask their true identities. The language used by women online can indicate that the virtual identity play is not just a game but can be a force of cultural change, with a woman becoming in charge and avoiding the expectations of the male power assertion.
The language used by women online can indicate that the virtual identity play is not just a game but can be a force of cultural change, with a woman becoming in charge and avoiding the expectations of the male power assertion. By using language that entices the male population that uses these dating/sex services online, the women create there own community, where they are now in control. Also, there is evidence supporting the fact that because of the emergence of online dating communities such as this, women are becoming empowered and granting the opportunity to re-define and re-order gender relations. Gender is constructed by culture and language that leads to the emerging transformation, enhancement, and dilution of the culture that is occurring, which i believe will continue to re-define the meanings of male and female gender stereotypes. Direct evidence of this is because women have an enormously increased opportunity to use language and photography to mask there true identities and create a false one. Creating a different persona makes women feel empowered and a decrease in male power assertion becomes present.... "Cumm all over me" "I like strangers..." "If you make me happy, i promise ill take care of you" "6 inches or bigger boys....." "Watch me and my friend play...:)" Language and Elimination of Male Power Assertion