Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THE IN IS TO TRY TO SEPARATE SAND,SALT,IRON AND SAWDUST.
Transcript of THE IN IS TO TRY TO SEPARATE SAND,SALT,IRON AND SAWDUST.
IN CONCLUSION IT WAS EASY TO SEPARATE THE MIXTURE IF YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY.
The aim is to try and separate the sawdust , iron, salt and sand into different beakers
beakers,stirring rod,conical flask,funnel,bunsen burner,matches,magnet, petri dish,
1. Get safety gear on and prepare materials
2.get mixture and magnet and use magnet to seperate the iron fillings then put in another beaker
3 shake the beaker so all sawdust rises to the top then pick up the pieces of sawdust and put it in a beaker
4.get conical flask and funnel put funnel in the conical flask after you have done that get filter paper and fold into a cone shape making sure there is no holes
the get mixture add water and stir then pour mixture into the funnel which has filter paper in it then it will slowly separate the salt from the sand
5. use a bunsen burner to evaporate the water from the salt then put the salt in a beaker
6. now comes the fun part cleaning up so at the end you should have 4 different beakers with salt in one beaker sawdust in another beaker , iron in another beaker and lastly sand in the last beaker .
processing,analysing and evaluating
1. my group modifyed one step separating sawdust because the sawdust would of got soggy and the detergent would of mixed with the salt and sand instead we shook the glass and we use sedimentation and then picked it off the top .
2. on scale 1-5 i rate are experiment 4 because our planning did not go right for one separating technique the sawdust apart from that it went well. 1 means did not work at all 2 means one separating technique worked with out any modifying 3 means 2 techniques work with out any modifying . 4 means 3 techniques worked wihtout any modifying and 5 means separated easy and no mistakes .
3. if i had to change the way i did the experiment i would get the planning right the first time instead of changing it as soon as we were going the stick with are original idea.
4. yes i manage to i separate all the 4 materials in all separate beakers.