Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of THE HOLOCAUST
Black Figures: Jews
Shaded Figures: Mischlinge October 8, 1939 4-point plan: - Marking Jews with Yellow Badges - Forcing into slavery - Looting their property - Sealing them in Ghettos What are Ghettos? Jews rounded up, live in Ghettos - Famous Ghetto: Warsaw Ghetto - 335,000 Jews in Warsaw, 1/3 of city population - population rose to 450,000, comprised 2.3% of city area No sanitation, Diseases swept through - 75,000 died of starvation & diseases Jews celebrate holidays, get death sentence Crowded areas Forced Labor Jews forced Labor Main Concentration Camps: - Aushwitz
- Treblinka * 23 main camps, 900 sub camps * " Care facilities for foreign children", Pregnant prisoners forced to abortion * 7,000 camps, found 20,000 camps across Europe Death Camps Chelmno first extermination camp - Murder operations, Dec. 8, 1941 - Jan. 1945 Victims undressed, stripped from belongings, tricked into vans - 300,000 Jews murdered
- 5,000 Sinti & Roma murdered
- 3 Jews survived death camp Gas Chambers constructed - 1,700,000 Jews, mostly Poland, murdered Liberation Army liberated Auschwitz American & British liberate camps, Western Germany Horrors discovered, Summer 1944 * Serial Numbers printed on arms Jews blame for economy & culture * 11 million deaths Planned slaughter on Jews
"The Final Solution", murder Jews * Resisted, murdered or forced Labor Deaths
1933 & 1945 - children deaths: 1.5 million - Jews: 6 million