Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Global vs. National Citizen
Transcript of Global vs. National Citizen
National vs. Global Citizen
National- Devoted to one's own nation or its interests; patriotic.
Benefits of Learning About Global Issues
Roles as a Global Citizen
-give back to your community with your time and money
-purchase ethically made/fair trade items
Responsibilities of a Global Citizen
Global- Provide value to society by using knowledge acquired across cultural contexts
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.
If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world.
-knowledge gives you ability to make informed decisions
-make ethical decisions about how you spend your money
-be culturally competent
-be an advocate for those who cannot speak for themselves
Global Citizen (2)
-write to politicians to let them know how you feel about global issues
-put your vote where your beliefs are
-when traveling be respectful of the country’s culture/language/customs/ traditions/ heritage
Around the World in a Semester -
Overview of Trip
We would have individuals visit a variety of countries over the course of a semester where they would spend two weeks in each country.
They would observe the tourist areas as well as the more impoverished areas of each country to get a well-rounded perspective of the country’s culture and how this influences how they solve problems.
You have the knowledge...
what are you going to do now?
(1) Be a global citizen. (n.d.). [Image]. Retrieved on April 4, 2014 from beaglobalcitizen.wikispaces.com1236
(2) Global Citizen. (2012, October 24). Global Citizen: Rise Together. Retrieved from
(3) Keep Calm and Be a Global Citizen. (2013). [Image]. Retrieved on April 4, 2014 from www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk600
(4) Passport to Global Citizenship. (n.d.). [Image]. Retrieved on April 4, 2014 from www.raisingmiro.com521
(5) What is a global citizen? (2009). [Image]. Retrieved on April 4, 2014 from http://pocketcultures.com/2009/07/06/results-of-the-global-citizen-survey/
Global Citizen (5)