Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Global vs. National Citizen
Transcript of Global vs. National Citizen
National vs. Global Citizen
National- Devoted to one's own nation or its interests; patriotic.
Benefits of Learning About Global Issues
Roles as a Global Citizen
-give back to your community with your time and money
-purchase ethically made/fair trade items
Responsibilities of a Global Citizen
Global- Provide value to society by using knowledge acquired across cultural contexts
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.
If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world.
-knowledge gives you ability to make informed decisions
-make ethical decisions about how you spend your money
-be culturally competent
-be an advocate for those who cannot speak for themselves
Global Citizen (2)
-write to politicians to let them know how you feel about global issues
-put your vote where your beliefs are
-when traveling be respectful of the country’s culture/language/customs/ traditions/ heritage
Around the World in a Semester -
Overview of Trip
We would have individuals visit a variety of countries over the course of a semester where they would spend two weeks in each country.
They would observe the tourist areas as well as the more impoverished areas of each country to get a well-rounded perspective of the country’s culture and how this influences how they solve problems.
You have the knowledge...
what are you going to do now?
(1) Be a global citizen. (n.d.). [Image]. Retrieved on April 4, 2014 from beaglobalcitizen.wikispaces.com1236
(2) Global Citizen. (2012, October 24). Global Citizen: Rise Together. Retrieved from
(3) Keep Calm and Be a Global Citizen. (2013). [Image]. Retrieved on April 4, 2014 from www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk600
(4) Passport to Global Citizenship. (n.d.). [Image]. Retrieved on April 4, 2014 from www.raisingmiro.com521
(5) What is a global citizen? (2009). [Image]. Retrieved on April 4, 2014 from http://pocketcultures.com/2009/07/06/results-of-the-global-citizen-survey/
Global Citizen (5)