Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Prostitution Life during the Great Depression
Transcript of Prostitution Life during the Great Depression
2. More fun than actually doing work
3. 3 times as much pay, with 3 times as less work Prostitutes were not so bad to tell the truth. They checked men for diseases and disinfected them
and could deny any man they didn't want to serve. The Great Depression brought: Around 2,000 prostitutes in every major city, when before was around 300 max It also made prostitution more commonly found in hotels and such. Prostitution then became: Women trying to help pay for their family and bills When before it was: Lazy women looking for more money So they were pretty clean and could stay clean for years. 2 Classes of prostitution, Chain prostitution and independent prostitution. More women of the Depression went into independent prostitution - you find men yourself and keep all the money. (less clean, more diseases, much harder, our everyday idea of a prostitute) And little women went into Chain prostitution- Men come to the hooker house, money goes to higher authority, diseases are less common and you get a regular disease checkup. (more clean, easier, fun to hang with other women in the house) SOURCES: