Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Rockin' Rustin' Steel Wool
Transcript of Rockin' Rustin' Steel Wool
1st Experiment with out NaHCO3 it took
4:21 sec. The temp was 80'F or 30'C. It
2nd Experiment with NaHCO3 it took 13:55
sec.to rust. The temp was 72'F or 23'C. It rusted 20%.
1. Place steel wool in beaker #1
2. Pour vinegar on to the steel wool and allow it to soak for about 1 min.
3. Remove steel wool and drain any extra vinegar.
4.wrap the steel wool around the base of the thermometer and place them both in the 2nd beaker.
5.cover the beaker with the paper lid to keep heat in.
what would happen if in our first experiment we did it exactly how the directions say, using only steel wool, vinegar, two beakers, a plastic lid, and a thermometer? How would our second experiment change if we added 20 ml. of baking soda to the vinegar that is with the steel wool?
I predict that baking soda and vinegar will not rust
the steel wool because we know that baking soda and vinegar mix together will bubble and foam , usually foam and bubbles don't rust steel.