Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Instructor Guidance Week 1
Transcript of Instructor Guidance Week 1
Development is a question of the entanglement of three schools of thought, namely:
Nature vs. Nurture
Continuity vs. Discontinuity
Universal vs, Context Specific
How do we become who we are?
What determines our identity?
Do we fundamentally stay the same throughout our lifetime?
Psycho dynamic Theories
Development is largely influenced by how well people resolve conflict they face at different ages.
- Liev Erikson
Emphasis is on the role of experience. Examines whether a person's behavior is rewarded or punished.
- B.F. Skinner
Cognitive Development Theory
The key is how people think and how thinking changes over time.
- Jean Piaget
Ecological and Systems Approach
Ecological theory: Human development is inseparable from environmental contexts
Systems: Microsystem, mesosystem,
- Urie Bronfenbremmer