Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mr. Becker's collage
Transcript of Mr. Becker's collage
Picturebooks next we will use a wet on wet
technique on half of our paper I used Keepvid.com to save my youtube videos Collage Art ` What is collage? Collage is a french word that means to paste. we are going to create our
own collage!!! Project what is this blowing technique? salt technique splatter technique References by Mr. Becker Franz Marc Thank you! first we will paint a sun on the blank paper next we will paint an abstract painting Lesson Plan Write-up
Grade level: Elementary
Topic/Unit of Study Collage, watercolor, and abstract painting
Instructional Objectives We will discover the characteristics of texture by seeing, feeling, and making texture.
We will discover water color techniques by watching a demonstration, and then creating our own watercolor pieces.
We will discover the meaning of abstract art by watching a demonstration, and then creating our own collage
We will discover how to make collage by watching a demonstration, and then creating our own collage
Time allotment Five 45 minuet class.
Standards b) Introduction.
(1) Four basic strands--perception, creative expression/performance, historical and cultural heritage, and critical evaluation--provide broad, unifying structures for organizing the knowledge and skills students are expected to acquire. Students rely on their perceptions of the environment, developed through increasing visual awareness and sensitivity to surroundings, memory, imagination, and life experiences, as a source for creating artworks. They express their thoughts and ideas creatively, while challenging their imagination, fostering reflective thinking, and developing disciplined effort and problem-solving skills.
(C) knowledge and skills
(4) Response/evaluation. The student makes informed judgments about personal artworks and the artworks of others. The student is expected to:
(A) conduct in-progress analyses and critiques of personal artworks; and
Summary of the activity The students will mimic the art process that Eric Carle uses to make his books like Brown Bear Brown Bear. The students will do this by painting a abstract painting on three pieces of paper using watercolor tecniques, food, and texture. On the backside of the three abstract paintings there will be a template of the bears body parts, the different parts of a tree, and sun. the students will then cut out the parts to make a collage of a brown bear, tree, and sun. 5E ContextWe just finished a cut paper project that I am scaffolding upon but this is my engage portion of my lesson; for the explore the learner will then choose a theme or a word and will create a drawing representing that concept. For the explain the students will do a critique in the middle of their project explaining how they have used symbolism to successfully convey their pieces meaning. For the elaborate the learner will create a spray paint piece using stencils. And for the evaluate they will have a final critique, play the Pictionary game over terms, and take an interactive quiz.
Materials Green, and blue India ink
orange yellow and red paint
Disposable Cups,Bath bubbles, Water, Blue paper, 110 wait paper / or watercolor paper, Masking tape and, watercolor board, Dirt, Glue, Cotton balls
Strategies: technology, Discipline based art education, Multiple forms of representation, Flipped classroom Procedure Day 1:
1.Show power point introducing Eric Carle and his art making process.
2.Show power point talking about the process of making this piece.
3.Show power point introducing famous abstract artists.
4.Demonstrate how to paint with chocolate by licking it and then rubbing it on the paper (use milk chocolate and dark chocolate to get variation)
5.Then show the kids how to finger paint on the same chocolate paper to gain even more variation
6.Demonstrate how to paint glue onto paper and then sprinkle dirt on. (To make the ground, and creating the horizon line)
(There will be several different pieces of paper that will all be needed in the end make sure everyone’s name is in the back of every paper)
Vocabulary: abstract, collage, finger paint