Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of Warfare in Toyland
Transcript of Copy of Copy of Warfare in Toyland
Rapid changing environment
The doll business, worth more than $ 10 billion a year in sales
Bratz enter the market
Bratz doll segment target
Bratz doll specifications
Mattel with Babie dolls
Barbie was world’s best-selling doll, became an American icon
of Mattel’s toy sales in the 1990s
management strategy error in 2000s
Warfare in Toyland
30% drop in sales of Mattel
Ken back to the market
Suit agianst MGA
Judge on MGA to stop using Bratz name
1. What business model and strategies made Mattel the industry leader?
Focused on customer groups (young girls or their mother)
Their strategy was to develop a doll that represents how the ideal women should look like.
Continually creative and they also knew how to acquire and keep their customers by creating more products from the one in the market and later enhance it.
Q2: What strategies have its rival, MGA, pursued that have threatend its Competitve Position?
Satisfies the desires
Expanding sales overseas
Q3: What new strategies does Mattel need to pursue to regain its competitive advantage
Strategies to manage Rivalry