Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Does mint actually cool things down?
Transcript of Does mint actually cool things down?
Purpose: Mint can give a cold sensation in your mouth especially when drinking water. Can a mint really cool water or is it just a sensation?
First 5 mintutes - tic tacs
temp before : 100 F
after 5 min with mints: 98 F
after 10 min with mints : 96 F
after 15 min with mints: 94 F
after 20min with mints: 88 F
after 25 min with mints : 88 F
after 30min with mints: 84 F
First 5 mintures - Mentos
Temp before: 100 F
after 5 min with mints: 97 F
after 10 min with mints: 96 F
after 20 min with mints: 92 F
after 25 min with mints: no change
after 30 min with mints: 88 F
Data, Results & Conclusion
All temperatures taken with the mints and without the mints gave the same exact reading which makes my hypothesis incorrect. Mints do not cool down water.
Independant Variable: The different types of mints i put in the water (mentos,tic tacs, altoids)
Dependant Variable - Hot water
Materials & Procedure
1. Take a glass of hot water and record the temperature by using a thermometer.
2. place 5 mints in hot water and take the temperature again. Did the water temperature change?
3. Take the temperature of both glasses ever 5 minutes for 30 min
If i put mint in hot water it will cool the water because when you put a mint in your mouth it cools it off
Mints (altiods,tic tacs & mentos)
2 glasses hot water
pen & paper for data