Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Does mint actually cool things down?
Transcript of Does mint actually cool things down?
Purpose: Mint can give a cold sensation in your mouth especially when drinking water. Can a mint really cool water or is it just a sensation?
First 5 mintutes - tic tacs
temp before : 100 F
after 5 min with mints: 98 F
after 10 min with mints : 96 F
after 15 min with mints: 94 F
after 20min with mints: 88 F
after 25 min with mints : 88 F
after 30min with mints: 84 F
First 5 mintures - Mentos
Temp before: 100 F
after 5 min with mints: 97 F
after 10 min with mints: 96 F
after 20 min with mints: 92 F
after 25 min with mints: no change
after 30 min with mints: 88 F
Data, Results & Conclusion
All temperatures taken with the mints and without the mints gave the same exact reading which makes my hypothesis incorrect. Mints do not cool down water.
Independant Variable: The different types of mints i put in the water (mentos,tic tacs, altoids)
Dependant Variable - Hot water
Materials & Procedure
1. Take a glass of hot water and record the temperature by using a thermometer.
2. place 5 mints in hot water and take the temperature again. Did the water temperature change?
3. Take the temperature of both glasses ever 5 minutes for 30 min
If i put mint in hot water it will cool the water because when you put a mint in your mouth it cools it off
Mints (altiods,tic tacs & mentos)
2 glasses hot water
pen & paper for data