Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 15TH AMENDMENT
This was ratified on February 3, 1870 By Masa Many of the states were worried that Chinese and Irish immigrants would vote.
Especially California and Oregon didn't ratify due to large amount of immigrants.
Even before 15 amendment and Civil War African Americans that weren't slave didn't have rights to vote. Questions The cause and effect of 15TH amendment Cause: Not everyone had Civil Right. For example black people didn't have right to vote.
Effect: Now the constitutional amendment passed after Civil War that guaranteed black people have right to vote. What is main purpose of 15TH AMENDMENT
When was 15TH AMENDMENT ratified 1.Gave African American men right to vote by declaring that citizens of the United States that vote shall not be denied by their race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
2.This was ratified on February 3, 1870 Why do I think 15TH Amendment
is important I value 15TH amendment because it gave African American a freedom to vote, allowed children to go to same school. Also, marriage between different race was allowed.