Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Human Rights + Intellectual Property Rights
Transcript of Human Rights + Intellectual Property Rights
Everyone has rights
Right to Religion
Right to Education
Right to Equality
Freedom of Speech
Need: Self-actualization, esteem, social needs
- everyone is entitle to his/her opinion
Responsibility: respect the opinion of others and be wary of expressing our ideas
Right to Vote
Need: Safety and Security Needs
- everyone is entitled to vote, it is part of their expression. Also, everyone has the right to choose the person who they think can provide them safety and security: good government and basic needs
Responsibility: vote wisely
Freedom of Expression
Need: Social Needs, Esteem
- each one of us is entitled to express emotions or feelings
Responsibility: respect others' feelings and be wary of our own actions
-highlights of the 30 Universal Rights
-corresponding Need and Responsibility
- regardless of language, sex, skin color, race, religion or nationality
Responsibility: practice, protect and be aware of our rights
Need: Esteem, and Self actualization
- we are allowed to profess our religion anytime and no one should stop us from doing it
Responsibility: respect other religion
Need: Esteem, Self-Actualization
-everyone has the right to acquire knowledge for self improvement
Need: Esteem, Social needs and Security needs
- nobody should treat others as subjects or minions; no bullying
Responsibility: respect others, treat others equally
Intellectual Property Rights
Which of the following can we Copyright, Trademark or Patent
Intellectual Property - refers to creations of the mind: inventions, literary and artisitc works and symbols, names, images, and designs used in business
-protects original works that fall under the categories of literature, dramatic, musical, artistic and intellectual
-protects the form of expression but not the subject matter of the work
-used to protect a word, symbol, device, or name that is used for the purpose of trading goods: BRAND NAME
-indicates the source of goods and distuingishes them from the goods of others
-grants a property right to the inventor that will prevent anyone else from making, using or selling invention
-lasts for a limited amount of time: usually 20 years
-patent is considered 'property'
a REGISTERED trademark has been officially registered
a trademark may be in the process of becoming registered or it may never be officially registered at all.
If someone makes a news article about a movie, that article would be copyrighted preventing others from using that particular material. However, copyright does not prevent others from making their own article about that movie.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THESE RIGHTS?