Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of homosexuals
--Homophobia in men is correlated with insecurity about masculinity First Station fifth station fourth station history Lower Self-Respect Light Healing sun calmness Art spirit it was first used in Nazi Germany to identify gay males in concentration camps. Beginnings Africa -African people used to have rituals over homosexuals
-when europeans explorers and colonialists saw this they ignored it
- The first record of possible homosexual couple in history is commonly regarded as Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum, an Egyptian male couple, who lived around the 2400 BCE. ASIA - In East Asia, same-sex love has been referred to since the earliest recorded history.
- Homosexuality in China, known as the passions of the cut peach has been recorded since approximately 600 BCE.
- Homosexuality was mentioned in many famous works of Chinese literature. America - Among indigenous peoples of the Americas prior to European colonization, a common form of same-sex sexuality centered around the figure of the Two-Spirit individual
- They were given a choice by their parents to decided which kind of life they wanted to live.
- The Spanish conquerors were horrified to discover sodomy openly practiced among native peoples.
- Homosexual and transgender individuals were also common among other pre-conquest civilizations in Latin America, such as the Aztecs, Mayans, Quechuas, Moches, Zapotecs, and the Tupinambá of Brazil. Europe - Homosexuality in Europe comes mainly from Greece
- Many historical figures, including Socrates, Lord Byron, Edward II, and Hadrian, have had terms such as gay or bisexual applied to them
- In Greece it was part of a daily life to be and see two men together or two women
- All the emperors with the exception of Claudius took male lovers. - Is a really recent term
- HOMO from homosexual PHOBIA fear Social homofobia Depression: homosexuals use to get depressed because of all the people around them that don't agree with them:HarassmentBulling UnacceptedStaying apart from societySolitary stress Anorexia: since all the problems that they have because of the rest of the people suicide Second Station - When Christianity started spreading homosexuals started being discriminated.
-Homosexuality is considered to be one of the worst sins in Islam and one of the greatest crimes punishable under Islamic law
The Christian emperor Theodosius I decreed a law on August 6, 390, condemning passive males to be burned at the stake. Justinian, towards the end of his reign, expanded the proscription to the active partner as well (558) . 16th and 17th century The Spanish conquerors were horrified and attempted to crush it out by subjecting gays under their rule to severe penalties, including public execution, burning and being torn to pieces by dogs.
The Spanish Inquisition begins. Sodomites were stoned, castrated, and burned. Between 1540 and 1700, more than 1,600 people were prosecuted for sodomy.
Holy Roman Empire makes sodomy punishable by death 18th century Catherina Margaretha Linck is executed for female sodomy in Germany.
-Jeremy Bentham is one of the first people to argue for the decriminalization of sodomy in England.
-Revolutionary France adopts a new penal code which no longer criminalizes sodomy.
- France thus becomes the first West European country to decriminalize homosexual acts between consenting adults
-The Kingdom of Prussia abolishes the death penalty for sodomy 19th and 20th century 1867 – On August 29, 1867, Karl Heinrich Ulrichs became the first self-proclaimed homosexual to speak out publicly for homosexual rights1940
-II world war. Homosexuals were killed in concentratin campsBetween 1933 and 1945, an estimated 100,000 men were arrested as homosexuals, of whom some 50,000 were officially sentenced
-After the war, the treatment of homosexuals in concentration camps went unacknowledged by most countries, and some men were even re-arrested and imprisoned based on evidence found during the Nazi years. 2001:-Same sex marriages with adoption (Netherlands)-Anti-discrimination legislation(US) -Homosexuality no longer an illness(China)
2002:-Same-sex couple adoption legalisation (South Africa)
2003:-Same sex marriages laws (Belgium) -Anti-discrimination legislation (Bulgaria)2004:-Same-sex couple adoption legalization (Germany)
2005´-2006: -Same sex marriage laws with adoption (Canada, Spain, South Africa)-Same-sex couple adoption legalizationon (UK, Belguim)
2007/2008:-Same-sex couple adoption legalisation (Uruguay)
2009/2010:-Same sex marriages laws (Sweden, Portugal, Argentina) http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/qq-p3.html