Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Welcome to HADC
Transcript of Welcome to HADC
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
1. Briefing Packet
2. Sign Voucher
3. Move Process
4. Continued Success
Roles and Relationships
Be a Good Neighbor
Housing Assistance Payment Contract (HAP Contract)
Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA)
By signing, you agree to abide by the
Expires 120 days from today.
You can utilize your Voucher anywhere in the United States that has a Housing Authority.
Entire process can take
Contact the receiving Housing Authority to learn about their local policies and processes.
2 per bedroom regardless of age or sex.
Head of Household/Spouse will be assigned own bedroom.
Can rent a larger bedroom size if the unit is affordable and reasonable.
Families cannot pay more than 40% of their monthly adjusted income toward their expenses.
= Rent Burden
Rent Calculation (example)
Finding A Unit
Advantages of living in quality neighborhoods:
Access to services and jobs
Better housing quality
You can take your Voucher anywhere, make sure it's a home and neighborhood you can be happy in!
Use your Good Place to Live Booklet to do a
pre-inspection of the unit!
Common fail items include:
Utilities not on
Inoperable heat supply
Missing or insufficient weather-stripping
Loose or torn carpet
Cracked or peeling paint on walls
Cracked or broken windowpanes
Evidence of roof or pipe leaks
Dirty stoves and ovens
Insufficient bath ventilation
Working With Landlords
If you feel you have been a victim of housing
discrimination, take action!
HADC will provide limited information
HADC does not assist with Security Deposits or App Fees.
Comply with the
Be aware of community and landlord expectations.
Be respectful of other's property and maintain your own property and unit.
Be familiar with
the Family Obligations.
Fraud carries serious consequences.
Participants can be required to repay overpaid assistance.
Report all changes within 10 days in writing.
Report all changes immediately
Visitors can be present in the household up to 30 consecutive days or 90 days total within a calendar year.
You are responsible for providing documentation of income up front.
If issued a Proposed Termination, you have 14 days to request an Informal Hearing.
VAWA (Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act)
- Offers protection for anyone (regardless of gender) who is a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
Contact your Specialist for case-specific questions.
Remember to refer to your Briefing Packet for all information we covered today.
Can only be extended for 30 days .
(new move-out date must be the last day of the month).
Payments at new unit cannot begin until the month following your move-out date.
Ex: submit RTA on 25th, HADC denies unit on 29th: Tolling gives 4 additional days to find a new unit.
Clock stops when you
submit an RTA.
Get the resources and support you need to reach your goals!
If you have any special needs or have
family members with special needs, you
may request a reasonable accommodation
in order to have equal access to the
programs and services of the Housing
Choice Voucher Program. At the
conclusion of the Briefing,
please let our staff know if
you need special assistance.
1. When can I move into my new unit?
1. Can I lease a larger unit than I have
been approved for?
1. What form do I use to request an
1. When will I be notified of the amount
of rent I will be responsible for?
1. I want to transfer my Voucher to
another Housing Authority, what do I do?
- After the inspection passes.
- After the move-out date at your
previous unit passes.
- Normally the 1st day of the
- Yes, if the rent does not exceed the
amount listed on your Tenant Rent
- Voucher extension request form.
- Move-out Date extension
Can only receive 1 extension.
Use same form to cancel your move.
Must meet criteria.
Can only receive 1 extension.
- After the Housing Assistance Payment
Contract is signed, you will be notified
- Complete a Portability Request Form.
- Allow 5 days for HADC to transfer your
- Attend a Briefing at the Receiving Housing