Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Transcript of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
* "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Home Page." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Home Page. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2013.
* "THE ODD SPIRITUALISM OF SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE." More Intelligent Life. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2013.
*"Conan Doyle Dead From Heart Attack." The New York Times. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2013.
*Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was born on May 22, 1859 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
*He died on July 7, 1930 in the United Kingdom.
*Sir Arthur Conan Doyle died of a heart attack.
*He was 71 years old.
Birth and Death
*Sir Arthur Conan Doyle created the second best detective in the world, Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes was once going to be named Sherrinford but Sir Arthur Conan Doyle decided to go with Sherlock Holmes instead. Sherlock Holmes was introduced in 1887.
*In 1880 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote a story called "The Surgeon Of Gaster Fell". In that same year he wrote another story called "The American Tale", which was published in London Society.
*Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was a very good storyteller.
*Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's family was Irish Catholic.
*He had 2 wives. His first wife, Louise Hawkins, died in 1906. He remarried in 1907 to Jean Leckie.
*Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wanted to make people believe that ghosts were real. He started believing in ghosts because he wanted to help people connect to their lost ones that died during the war. Once he started believing in spiritualism, he dropped everything about Sherlock Holmes.
Sherlock Holmes was dedicated to Dr. Joseph Belle who influenced Sir Arthur Conan Doyle while in medical school.