Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Foreshadowing & Queen Mab Speech Analysis
Transcript of Foreshadowing & Queen Mab Speech Analysis
September 26, 2013
Grab your items needed:
Romeo & Juliet Book
Learning Targets (remove them carefully from your English Folder)
Clear your desk of EVERYTHING else.
Introduction to Foreshadowing
Take notes at the top of the worksheet.
Definition: the act of placing hints in a story that are intended to shed light on future events.
4 Types of Foreshadowing
2. Facial Expressions:
3. Action Sequences:
Watch Clip #1
• Since Romeo is surrounded by his friend how does peer pressure foreshadow what happens next in the play?
• Does what happens next in the play have to do with choice or was it fate/destiny like the characters claim?
• How and why would dreams be idle (of no real worth, importance, or significance)?
• Are Romeo’s ideas about fate/destiny realistic? Are they just an excuse for bad behavior?
Let's Discuss Dreams (Lines 50-End)
How are dreams "idle thoughts" - children of an idle brain?
What really controls our lives, fate/destiny or personal choices?
What does Romeo believe?
Clip #1 - Queen Mab Speech