Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Foreshadowing & Queen Mab Speech Analysis
Transcript of Foreshadowing & Queen Mab Speech Analysis
September 26, 2013
Grab your items needed:
Romeo & Juliet Book
Learning Targets (remove them carefully from your English Folder)
Clear your desk of EVERYTHING else.
Introduction to Foreshadowing
Take notes at the top of the worksheet.
Definition: the act of placing hints in a story that are intended to shed light on future events.
4 Types of Foreshadowing
2. Facial Expressions:
3. Action Sequences:
Watch Clip #1
• Since Romeo is surrounded by his friend how does peer pressure foreshadow what happens next in the play?
• Does what happens next in the play have to do with choice or was it fate/destiny like the characters claim?
• How and why would dreams be idle (of no real worth, importance, or significance)?
• Are Romeo’s ideas about fate/destiny realistic? Are they just an excuse for bad behavior?
Let's Discuss Dreams (Lines 50-End)
How are dreams "idle thoughts" - children of an idle brain?
What really controls our lives, fate/destiny or personal choices?
What does Romeo believe?
Clip #1 - Queen Mab Speech