Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Uses and Gratifications - Elihu Katz
Transcript of Uses and Gratifications - Elihu Katz
2.People seek to gratify needs.
3.Media compete for your attention and time.
4.Media affect different people differently.
5.People can accurately report their media use and motivation. Typology of Uses and Gratifications 1. Passing Time
5. Social Interaction
8. Excitement Critique What makes an objective theory good? o The “twin objectives of scientific knowledge” – the theory must explain the past and present, and predict the future
o Relative simplicity – the theory must be as simple as possible
o Testability – the theory must be testable and falsifiable
o Practical utility – the theory must be useful
o Quantitative research – the theory must appeal to numbers