Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
the beginning of the civil rights movement
Transcript of the beginning of the civil rights movement
The civil rights movement began on December 1, 1955 when Rosa Parks ( a black women) refused to move to the back of the bus for a white women and started a bus boycott.
colorado during this time
Colorado was just like every where else except the Chiano movement was going on.
important people during this time
Rosa Parks started the bus boycott. John F. Kennedy tried to give blacks equal rights. Martian Luther King, Jr. lead many peaceful marches.
the civil rights movements end
The civil rights movement took steps. First President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act. Next Martian Luther King, Jr. made his I have a dream speech. Some people are still fitting for equalism today.
Resources I used
Where the civil rights movement was
It was all across the country but it was more intense in the south, especially in Montgomery,Alabama.
The Civil rights movement
By Sadie Sulzer
whites and blacks sitting together