Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Collaborative Problem Solving
Transcript of Collaborative Problem Solving
lagging skills and unsolved problems that
set the stage for challenging behavior.
Adults work collaboratively with each other
and with students to teach those skills and
solve those problems so kids can overcome
their obstacles. What is CPS? 1. Identify skills that are lacking and the problems precipitating the challenging behavior. Adults the use the ALSUP to identify these issues. ALSUP When the adult's will is imposed or expectations are dropped, long term
success is rarely achieved.
So what do we do? What have we done in
the past (things that
haven't worked)? Plan B is a relationship building process that allows adults and students to work together to solve problems. Plan B To have adults and students build meaningful relationships, while working together to find successful solutions that meet the needs of both. This will foster a caring school community and respectful relationships with kids. What is our goal? Team Members: Linda
Cirilli, Mary Rudis, and
Susan Holster Assessment of Lagging Skills and Unsolved Problems 1. Empathy - gather information about the student's concern or perspective.
2. Define the problem - Introduce the adult's concern or perspective.
3. Invitation - brainstorm solutions that are both realistic and mutually satisfactory.