Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of related rates
Related rates What are we looking for? we will be finding dc/dt or the rate of change of the circulation time using the given information. P=17.4
mass of child is=x=45kg
rate of growth=dx/dt=.1kg/month
Plug in what we know The circulation time of a mammal (that is, the average time it takes for all blood in the body to circulate once and return to the heart) is proportional to the fourth root of the body mass of the mammal. The constant of proportionality is 17.40 if circulation time is in seconds and body mass is in kilograms. The body mass of a growing child is 45kg and is increasing at a rate of 0.1kg/month. What is the rate of change of the circulation time of the child? The problem Jeffery Mapes
Lucas Herschbach Y=17.4*(x^1/4)
dY/dt=0.025sec/month The rate of which the childs circulation is increasing is 0.025 sec/month Our Math Conclusions