Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Language in advertising
Transcript of Language in advertising
The future is bright.
The future is Orange.
The process of building value and meaning
for customers around a brand.
Martin Lindström's Analysis:
Showed images of brands, icons, logos
Measured brain activity
Conclusion: People are creatures of imitation
What do YOU think of when you see these logos?
Which words do you associate with these brands?
Selling an image, brand, feeling
Problem and benefit
B) Problem and benefit:
- identifying a problem, presenting a solution.
- selling you something you need.
A) Selling an image, brand, feeling
C) Bandwagon effect:
- "you can do this too!"
-either ordinary people
recommending a product
- Where celebrities recommend a product
- linking products with values
Deconstructing an ad:
Advertisements often play on:
- word play
Stereotypical images of men & women?
Companies presenting themselves as foundations
or non-profit organizations.
When individuals distort messages and
advertisements of large corporations
the art of mocking someone
by imitating them or their style
Another way of drawing attention to
cultural text in a genre. Imitates, but is not
obviously parodying a text. Holds up a
mirror in order to mock and question
our cultural values.
Also known as "attack ads" or "mudslinging".
Ads that attack political opponents directly.