Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Law/E 180 Story/Theory/Theme
Transcript of Law/E 180 Story/Theory/Theme
What happened first?
Why did it happen?
Who made it happen?
Did it happen on purpose?
Was it justified or fair?
Theory and Theme
A combination of the facts and the law
Combining the facts to describe the case for the Jury
Facts you use should reinforce each other
Facts should promote the truthfulness of the next fact to be presented
2. Elements of Law
Must prove every legal element
3. Keep it simple
Maximize undisputed facts
Make it easy to believe
Avoid arguments dependent on proof of deception, falsification, ill motive, or personal attack
Find a Theme
"if it doesn't fit you must acquit"
A rhetorical devise to appeal to the jury's
shared values, civic virtue, or common motivations
Combine not only the facts but the law as well