Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Dominique Mandonnaud
Founder of Sephora
Mandonnaud opened his first store - Shop 8 - in 1969, when cosmetics were strictly hidden behind counters and trying before you buy was unheard of. Mandonnaud revoluntized the beauty world by allowing customers to explore and interact with products in an open, inviting environment that had not been seen before in the market. In 1970, Shop 8 later evolved into what is now Sephora.
Mandonnaud was born September 5, 1947, in Limoges. The child of two small business traders and without a college education, he goes against the odds and breaks a mold. Besides founding Sephora, he is also a French painter, landscaper, and sculptor.
Shop 8 was established 1969 in Limoges, France. This expands into more than 1,900 stores in nearly 30 countries.
For Your Information
Mandonnaud took control of the Marie-Jeanne-Godard, Kharys, Laguna, and Boidi chains, incorporating them into Sephora. Today, Jacques Levy is CEO of Sephora.
Sephora and its founder emphasize a caring, generous, open community. Their goal is to be the most admired prestige beauty retailer in the world.