Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Kinect based Rehabilitation
Transcript of Kinect based Rehabilitation
National University of Singapore Rohit S. Bharadwaj Student - M.Sc
Nation University of Singapore AIM Propose a low cost , in-house rehabilitation device
Study its effectiveness in improving Hand eye co-ordination and muscle flexion OBJECTIVE Can Virtual Rehabilitation do better than Conventional methods?
YES!! Literature survey shows that VR has proven to be better than conventional training Is the system cost effective?
YES!! Kinect is an in house low cost controller that is capable of creating a vibrant virtual rehabilitation environment But, is Kinect an effective VR system?
To find out, the following steps were taken ---
1. Design a fun interactive game for Kinect
2. Test the game on a set of healthy volunteers as part of the pilot study
3. Test on participant with shoulder injury
4. Statistical analysis to check improvement The GAME The Experiment RESULTS Healthy Volunteers Subject x Future Work Future work in this field for this project would involve :
Enhancing the game - better graphics, Audio/video motivation to keep up the enjoyment level and concentration of participants
Time study - Study needs to be done for longer durations not only per game but number of days and/or weeks
Increased experimental group
Advanced statistical analysis
Extend the scope to test on elderly participants and subjects with hemiparetic condition FUNDED BY We would like to thank MSIG for funding our project