Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is your personal brand?
Transcript of What is your personal brand?
What is Your Personal Brand?
Why a personal brand?
1. Today's non-linear career environment demands a self-directed Protean approach (Hall, 2004).
2. Our brand exists with or without our influence.
3. We all have an identity and e-dentity.
4. We need to manage our brand.
5. Our "competitors" have a personal brand.
6. What do you think about these personal brands?:
Hyun Woo - "The Rocket Launcher"
Nilofer Merchant - "The Jane Bond of Innovation"
What is a Personal Brand?
"Brand positioning refers to the active communication of one's brand identity to a specific target market. Individuals use brand positioning to highlight their positive attributes that are of value to their target audience while at the same time differentiating themselves from other individuals in the marketplace" (Labrecque, Markos, & Milne, 2011).
-Value to others
-Personal Vision / Mission = inward facing
-Personal Brand = Outward facing
Creating your personal brand (know thy self)
1. Get the word out: social interactions, workplace, online (LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, blogs, email signature), business cards. Integrate all these modes for consistency.
2. Live it!
3. Assess your brand regularly.
Hall, D. T. (2004). The Protean Career: A Quarter-Century Journey. Journal Of Vocational Behavior, 65(1), 1-13.
Labrecque, L. I., Markos, E., & Milne, G. R. (2011). Online Personal Branding: Processes, Challenges, and Implications. Journal Of Interactive Marketing (Mergent, Inc.), 25(1), 37-50. doi:10.1016/j.intmar.2010.09.002
M. T., B. B. (2011). Marketing 2.0: Learning how to build your personal brand. CA Magazine, 144(10), 26.
Stanton, A., & Stanton, W. W. (2013). Building "Brand Me": Creating a Personal Brand Statement. Marketing Education Review, 23(1), 81-86. doi:10.2753/MER1052-8008230113
Michael Dillon, Ed.D.
What questions do you have?
1. Ask these questions (Stanton & Stanton, 2013):
a. What value do I provide?
b. How am I unique?
c. Who is my target audience?
2. Write your personal brand statement.
3. Does it pass the 5 R's test (M. T., B. B. 2011)?
Relevance, Resonance, Relation, Remarkability, Real.
4. Test it on your target audience.