Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
2. LLN was the
, whih principal mission was to maintain world peace.
3. At its greatest extent from 28 September 1934 to 23 February 1935, it had
4. LN lasted for
with total failure of its goals
1. " A " (parts of the old Ottoman Empire)-"certain communities"
2. "B " the former German colonies that the League - "peoples"
3. "C" South-West Africa and certain of the South Pacific Islands
Principal organs of LN
1.the Assembly, the Council, and the Permanent Secretariat.
2. The Wings - the Permanent Court of International Justice and the International Labour Organization
3. a number of auxiliary agencies and commissions.
WHAT IS THE LN?
ORIGINS AND STRUCTURE
1. "League of victors" - no benefits for "loosers" (that hurted Germans. A lot.)
2. "Problem of equality" - no representatives from the mandate territories ?
in making decisions
4. problems with voting and capacity of organs
(!!!!) - an isolationist policy
- not allowed to join
was also not allowed
4. Leading Members LN - (GB and France) - were not so mighty as they had to be:(
Lack of collective security
1) pacifism - as a main principle of an international relationships
2) LN lacked of own armed forces
3) reluctance to use sanctions
4) panic fear of using military might instead of verbal warnings.
FAILURES OF LN!
2. Teschen (1919)
3. Vilna (1920)
4. Russia vs Poland (1920 to 1921)
5. The invasion of the Ruhr (1923)
6. Italy and Albania (1923)
1.The Aaland Islands (1921)
2. Upper Silesia (1921)
3. Memel (1923)
4. Turkey (1923)
5. Greece and Bulgaria (1925)
THE MAIN REASONS OF
Results of LN
League of Nations - problems of functioning
To sum up
1. Total failure at a political level
2. Success at a social level - ?
3. LN's bodies (International Labour Organization) continued to function with the UN
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION!!!