Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How are new medicines developed?
Transcript of How are new medicines developed?
to have specific effects – this is
becoming easier as we learn
more about the body’s
chemistry and begin to
understand the intricate
detail of the complex
molecules from which
we are made. 3000+ patients
Double-blind (against a PLACEBO)
Test therapeutic effects (statistics)
Identify potential harmful effects
Ethical implications (more effective or Placebo)
2-3 molecules 200-400 ‘paid’ patients
Different dose levels tested
8-15 molecule 50-100 volunteers
Given lowest possible doses
Test for toxicity