Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Book Trailers
A book trailer is a video advertisement for a book which employs techniques similar to those of movie trailers to promote books and encourage readers. (Wiki)
~To gain interest for book
~To bring attention to author
~To encourage sales
~Marketed through Circle of Seven Productions
~Went viral on YouTube
What is a Book Trailer?
Book Trailers and Technology
-Technology incorporated with younger generations
Increase of Technology
- Creates different ways to make book trailers
Book Trailer Cons
- Take away from creativity and imagination
- Can be very costly
- Takes a lot of effort and video making/editing skills
- There isn't a way to tell if they really bring in revenue/readers at all
- Book trailers never really make a book "famous"
- Don't really allow for an accurate description of book (can be misleading)
- Bad trailers could ruin a book for the readers
Types of Book Trailers
Book Trailers: A Form of Video Essays
Popularity of Book Trailers
- Plot Line
-90% of 10,000+ books published each year go unnoticed
-Book trailer formula similar to a person who only likes to read books if front and back cover are interesting.
-They are abrupt (good for today's society), and contain TEASERS
-Audio Visual ratio
-Specific audiences are key (i.e
Fault in our Stars
= Teenage love story).
-Like this parody, book trailer parodies have become increasingly popular.
-Popularity of book at the time is key.
-Using a trailer parody is the best way to mock a hated book.
-Helps to reach audiences who don't usually read.
Book Trailer Parodies
Here is a book trailer parody
Evolution of Videos
-The Gum Thief
-Love and Obstacles
-The Night Circus
-Super Sad True Love Story
-Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
-Book Trailer Companies
-Circle of Seven Productions
-Red 14 Films
Evolution of Book Trailers
The Worst Book Trailer Ever?
- What is a book trailer?
- Purpose and history of book trailers.
- How book trailers have changed over time.
- Types of book trailers and the different voices authors use to express themselves.
- Technology's role in the way we have viewed books over time.
- Popularity of book trailers.
- Book trailer cons.
- Book trailer overview
- Where book trailers began.
- The evolution of the book trailer
- The essayistic characteristics of book trailers
- Technology's role in the nature of book trailers
- Difference in book trailers to attract different audiences.
- Negative impact that book trailers can have on how books are perceived.