Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Heart Failure
What is Heart Failure?
The inability of the heart to pump sufficient blood to meet the needs of the tissues.
Heart failure is a syndrome characterized by fluid overload and/or inadequate tissue perfusion.
AKA: Left ventricular end diastolic pressure
The volume of blood return to the heart that causes the stretch of the ventricular cardiac muscle fibers at the end of diastole.
The resistance the left ventricle must overcome
Medications to DECREASE
Priority Nursing Interventions
Right Sided Heart Failure
Left Sided Heart Failure
Left Ventricle Thrombus
Hypotension (Sit down!)
Age, smoking, diabetes, obesity, hypertension, the selfish kidneys