Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Farming Factory
tions Raising your
own food: Our
Solutions: Antibiotic off Farms Going to organic/humane and free range farm for the meat product. Quantity
Quality People care more of how much they
receive than how it is being produce. Antibiotics Environ
issues Who is it
affecting? Given to completely healthy animals.
They just don't treat bacteria but also make them gain weight.
It can also cause side effect for both animals and humans. ANTIBIOTIC ABUSE ON FACTORY FARMS. Background
factory farming What is factory farming?
• Factory farming is businesses that raise livestock for large industrial
• Factory farming is a cruel and secretive place that keep away things from consumers.
• Factory farming is a place where animals are hidden from light and are slaughtered brutally. Why is factory farming important to us? What happens to chickens in these factory farms?
• (Eyck, Laura Ten)About 9 million chickens are slaughtered every year for food.
• All male chicks are killed.
• Chickens that are raised for flesh are called broilers, they spend their
entire life in really crowded shed with tens of thousands other chickens.
• There's also laying hens, these hens are crammed together in battery cages. Why do we care?
We want to eat healthy yet we don't know what's in our food and how it is
made. Who is our representative?
Carole Morison , a Maryland chicken farmer under contract with Perdue
farms. How Morison is raising her chickens now... Most people don't know where their food comes from - this is always hidden from public view and of course the corporations that run these death camps are in it for profit. Once you know it becomes your responsibility to warn others. • Cheap food production
• Employment SECRETS THAT FARMING CORPORATIONS ARE HIDING FROM THE PUBLIC. chicken, cow,
sheep, pigs etc. Sources New York Times
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/09/carole-morison-food-inc-chicken-farmer_n_1760444.html It is affecting consumers and farmers. WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT! Usage of water, energy, and chemical which lead to long term adverse effects.
It also one of the contribute to water pollution and global warming.
Takes lands away from farmers. Give
ment! Punish the factories by making it illegal and stopping the animals suffering. Having kinder environment for the animals. GOING ORGANIC AND TREATING THE ANIMALS WITH RESPECT Make it illegal by making a proposition and protest!
Create laws that will promote a better environment for farm animals. The feeding of antibiotics in small doses to entire herds or flocks to promote rapid weight gain poses a serious threat to human health. turn it into a law! What our solutionS should be! By hong, christina, yee, carina, gerardo Monoculture. Inferior food. High Demand/Quantity Vs. Quality Environmental issues. Health issues. Corporations grow in size and market power = weaker positions for individual. Monoculture: Wiping out large amount of land just to produce one crop. Inferior food: Lower nutritional value than food produced by organic farming. Health issues:
Diseases that lingers inside chickens.. Secrets that farming corporations are hiding from the public. Brainless chicken = no emotion
One solutions is to avoid hurting chickens we have to put them into commas with the removal of their cerebral cortex. http://www.takepart.com/article/2012/05/06/goodbye-factory-farm-food-incs-chicken-farmer-Carole-Morison-goes-rogue Group 2