Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of La Tomatina
- Paella cooking competition La Tomatina is a Spanish celebration in the Plaza del Pueblo in Buñol, Spain where people gather and throw tomatoes at each other. All about La Tomatina History - Takes place every year in Plaza del Pueblo in Buñol, Spain
- It is the world biggest tomato throwing fight that consists of about 50,000 people
- The fight happens annually on the last wednesday in August
- It began as a few people throwing tomatos at eachother for fun in 1945 that eventually became a traditional spanish celebration -Happened for the first time in 1945 during a parade
-People wanted to be a part of the parade but weren't allowed so they threw tomatoes to show their anger
-The next year, on the same day, the tomato fight was repeated and it became a tradition
-In 1957, the festival became official with rules and restrictions
-Musicians and dancing were introduced to this festival (also in 1957)
-Wasn't until 1980 that the town hall took responsibility in organizing this event Rules and Regulations Buñol, Spain 1. Tomatoes must be squashed before being thrown to avoid people getting hurt.
2. Nothing else can be thrown. Only tomatoes.
3. Participants must let the truck filled with tomatoes drive through the crowds.
4. T-shirts cannot be ripped off.
5. When the second shot goes, indicating the end of the fight, no tomatoes can be thrown. Palo Jamón - Palo Jamón is one of the many traditions at La Tomatina
- Contestants must climb a greasy pole with ham at the top. The goal is to knock the ham off the pole
- The first person to knock off the ham gets to keep it and it signifies the start of the fight -La paella is a traditional Spanish dish
-The night before La Tomatina, participants compete in a paella cooking contest
-Mainly made of rice with other supplements like vegetables, seafood or meat added in along with seasoning La Tomatina 2012 Citations "Paella." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 05 Apr. 2013. Web. 13 May 2013.
"Tomatina | La Tomatina." La Tomatina RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2013.
"Tomatina." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 05 Dec. 2013. Web. 13 May 2013.
Paella. Valencia. Spain. Photo. Encyclopædia Britannica Image Quest. Web. 9 May 2013.
"Discovering Spain: LA TOMATINA- Tomato festival in Buñol." Discovering Spain. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2013.
"La Tomatina, Bunol (Valencia)." DonQuijote. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2013
"La Tomatina 2013 Tomato Throwing Tomatina Festival Tours - World's Largest Food Fight." La Tomatina 2013 Tomato Throwing Tomatina Festival Tours - World's Largest Food Fight. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2013.
"La tomatina at Meadowhall La Tasca - YouTube." YouTube. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2013. <
"La Tomatina de Buñol - Festival Spain 2013 - Tomato throwing party - - España - YouTube."YouTube. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2013. ¡Gracias! Por: Olivia y Laura